Highlights of the Banzaan Market:
- Fresh seafood for sale. Muscles, shrimps, prawns, crabs, squids, turtles, and all kinds of fish.
- Fresh fruits for sale. Oranges that are green, watermelons that are yellow, grapes with seeds, several types of mango, durian, sugar cane juice, coconut juice, coconuts, mangosteen, Rambutans, apple custard, pineapple, and a host of other bizzare fruits from Asia.
- Fresh Vegies of all kinds; too many to list.
- Food court upstairs. Thai and Chinese, no fast food or luxury meals. Cheap, clean and tasty.
- Assortment of gift shops upstairs.
Question: Where is the Banzaan Market?
Answer: The market is located behind Jungcylon Shopping center. You can get there from Nanai Road or through Jungcylon from Rat-U-Thit road.
Question: What is for sale at the Banzaan Market?
Answer: The downstairs sells fresh produce, fresh seafood, meats, rice, chilli paste, chillies, and anything else necessary to prepare Thai food. Upstairs there are several small vendors selling gifts, novelties, childrens toys, womens clothing, shoes, etc. There is also a food court selling all sorts of Thai and Chinese foods.
Question: Who should shop at the Banzaan Market?
Answer: Families, restaurants, large hotels, and tourists.
Question: Should I bring my camera?
Answer: Yes, photos of this market will impress and awe your friends.
Question: What time does the Banzaan Market open and close?
Answer: I think it opens around 9am and closes around 6pm. The shops upstairs may stay open longer.